» Why do I need to Call ?
On some items we’re allowed to display a discount price online. Some items we can’t. You’ve selected an item that we can discount once you call us.
We promise you that calling us will be 100% hassle-free. We’re not going to ask you for your email so we can pester you for days, try to up-sell to something you don't need or want, offer you a special "one-day” deal or tell you we’ve got one left at a discount price so you need to "act now".
We'll give you a GREAT PRICE and clear, concise answers to your questions with ABSOLUTELY ZERO sales pressure!
This bed incorporates WallHugger® Technology. It's a lot easier to to show this feature in action than to try and explain how it works. So here's a video for you to watch.
• WhisperQuiet 850 pound rated DC Lift Motors. The quietest and highest quality lift motors in the industry.
• WallHugger™ Engineering means the entire bed slides rearwards as the head is raised, staying close to the wall or headboard. Without this feature your bedside table wouldn't be useable since it would be behind you when the head section is raised. Most people have items they need on the nightstand. Items like remote controls, reading glasses, books, magazines, medicines or a glass of water.
• Dual Massage Motors, Head and Foot with Wave Action.
• Six total programmable memory positions. Two programmable positions on the remote with four additional available on the Apple or Android App. You can assign a positions for watching TV, reading, zero-gravity, napping...etc...
• Capacitive Touch Backlit Remote with a convenient nightstand holder. Easy to clean smooth touchscreen surface is like using your smartphone screen. Just touch to make a selection. No more buttons!
• Four Port USB Hubs located on each side of the bed. Plug in your smart phone or tablet and charge them while you're using them in the ultimate comfort the Prodigy 2.0 is providing.
• Sleep Timer allows you to fall asleep in an elevated position and have the Prodigy 2.0 ease you into the sleeping position 30 or 60 minutes later. Fall asleep in ANY position and know you'll wake up in a sleeping position.
• Gentle Wake Alarm allows you to have the massage motor on your side of the bed gently wake you without disturbing your partner. This is a great feature for those who need to rise early or maybe take medicine at specific times that isn't convenient to your partner.
• Emergency Power Down Feature allows you to return the Prodigy 2.0 to the fully flat position in the event of a power interruption.
• Pillow Tilt articulation to precisely adjust the angle of your neck for pain relief, sleeping, watching TV or reading a book.
The Prodigy 2.0 Bed comes with 6" adjustable legs. These adjustable legs have a total of five height settings. Below are the total heights of the Prodigy Base (where your mattress starts) using the adjustable legs.
Mattress Starts At: 14", 15", 16", 17" or 18"
Here is the manual for this Model. The manual can help you decide if assembling this bed is something you want to attempt yourself or if you'll need White Glove Delivery. The Manual also shows you all the parts that are included in the box.
Here are the instructions for syncing your Apple or Android Bluetooth device with the Prodigy base.
Headboard brackets are available for this model. Below is a video showing how they are installed.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an OLD VIDEO. Headboard Brackets DO NOT come "standard" with the Prodigy 2.0.
This model can be installed inside an existing bed frame or used without a bed frame. You don't need a frame to use this bed since it's legs (not the bed frame) support the weight of the adjustable bed.
If you want to install this inside your existing bed frame, you’ll need to check that all slats, crossmembers, braces, center legs….etc… can be removed to allow this model to sit inside your bed frame.
The necessary inside dimensions for adjustable bases are as follows:
• Twin – 37 ” x 73 ½ ”
• Twin XL – 37 ” x 79 ½ ”
• Full – 52 ½ ” x 73 ½ ”
• Full XL – 52 ½ ” x 79 ½ ”
• Queen – 58 ½ ” x 79 ½ “
• King – 37 ” x 79 ½ ” , two pieces
• California King – 35 ½ “ x 83 ½ ” , two pieces
The Old Story Still Being Told
There are still a LOT of websites out there that say shipping time is “7 to 10 days”. A year or two ago that would have been a true statement. Today.. . . not so true.So why do the websites and salespeople on the phone STILL say 7 to 10 days? Well in the case of the website, it’s probably just not been updated and they want you to feel like they’ll get your adjustable bed quicker than anyone else…so you'll buy from them. In the case of the salespeople they are telling you what they’ve been trained to say, or just don't care about the truth.
So What Is The Truth?
In late 2014 demand for Leggett & Platt Adjustable beds rose 60% over the same period from 2013 and that increased demand has not abated. Production and shipping times have increased from 7 to 10 days to approximately two to three weeks. When we say two to three weeks we're talking about the average time from placing your order, to having the goods in your home. When you place an order with a Leggett & Platt dealer they’ll send your order to Leggett to be fulfilled. Leggett doesn’t do warehousing and inventory on the majority of models. And, they fulfill ALL orders in the order they were received. Someone may tell you “We do so much business with Leggett & Platt that our beds ship quicker than the other guys. That’s simply NOT the truth, Leggett does not play favorites.
When the factory is producing some of the more popular models they will manufacture more than they have on order because they know these are in high demand. Occasionally an order might ship quicker and we're sure that will make you happy. But because we can't GUARANTEE that and to keep things honest we're going to stick with the two to three week average timeline. The main thing to remember is this: wherever you buy your Leggett & Platt adjustable bed, your production and shipping time will be the same. By reading this you now know the truth, AND the whole story.
Through April 30th, 2017 : Richmond Bedding will at our expense pay for any defective motors, electrical or electronic parts that fail for as long as you own your Prodigy Adjustable Bed. Other dealers will charge $200 per unit ($400 on a split King Model) to cover these parts for a few years. We’ll extend it for as long as you own your Prodigy, at NO COST to you! The standard Leggett & Platt Warranty covers these parts for the first three years.
Below is the Manufacturer's Warranty as well as our Extended Electrical Parts Coverage.
We work with PayPal Credit (formerly Buy Now - Pay Later) for our customers who would like to finance their purchase. We'll send you a PayPal Invoice and then you just apply for the credit. The process will take you 5 ~ 10 minutes and a decision is usually instantaneous. Then you simply pay the invoice with the Credit Line.
Richmond Bedding accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, eCheck, PayPal, Personal Checks and Money Orders. We also offer financing with PayPal Credit. Please see details above....
Richmond Bedding processes ALL Credit Card transactions over the phone. Why? Please continue reading.....
We used to accept credit cards online but a few years back our processor had what they called a "data breach". That's a nice term for: "We lost a bunch of Credit Card information". It took us the better part of three weeks to call our customers who may have been affected to let them know that cancelling their card and getting a new one issued was probably a good idea. Most of our customers understood that we didn't cause the problem, but a few were anything but understanding.
Not wanting to EVER go through that experience again, we decided to process Credit Cards over the phone. Since we began conducting business in this manner we haven't had a single problem. So if you'd like to purchase this Leggett & Platt bed (or anything else we ship), just call us. But please, don't feel like you have to wait until you're ready to buy to call. Call us ANY time with ANY questions you may have! We're here to help, not just process orders.
Credit Cards are charged the same day the order is placed. Customer's have asked us: "Why do you charge my card before shipping?" Because we aren't the shipper and don't know exactly when shipment will take place. If we're notified that shipment has taken place and then have a problem charging your Credit Card, what can we do? Another thing that happens (quite rarely) is that the goods ship the same day the order is placed. This happens when we place an order for a customer and the manufacturer has an identical order shipping that day and ready to go out the door. Someone who placed their order a while back asks for their goods to be delayed for one reason or another (usually some type of family emergency). So the manufacturer changes the shipping label and ships it to you. Then the next day we find out your goods have shipped. We hope this helps you understand why Credit Cards are charged the same day orders are placed.
We're not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to save you a LOT of money. If you're considering a Sleep Number® mattress, please take a long, hard look at our Luxury Airbeds. We can provide you with a quality adjustable firmness airbed, constructed superior in EVERY way when compared to a Sleep Number®, at a FRACTION of the cost.
Just "Click" the "Luxury Airbeds" link below.
*Sleep Number® is a Registered Trademarks of Select Comfort Corporation. Sleep Number® Beds are only sold at Sleep Number® Stores. Richmond Bedding is not a Dealer for Sleep Number®. Any reference to these products is for comparison purposes only.